Sunday, March 25, 2018

Bubnut Autumn Leaves Crochet Cardigan

I started this Bubnut Autumn Leaves Crochet Cardigan on February 19th, 2018.  I probably could've finished it a lot sooner but it isn't always easy to just sit down and work on a pattern that requires continuous counting with an infant.  That being said, Xena usually loves watching me crochet and she eventually falls fast asleep in the process.


The pattern calls for worsted weight Lion Brand yarn and a 5.5mm hook but with my tension I ended up using worsted weight Knit Picks Preciousa Tonal yarn and size J hook.  Among many other amazing gifts, my loving husband bought me 6 skeins of this luxurious 100% merino yarn and the yarn bowl featured in these images for X-Mas.



The pattern is worked by alternating 6 stitch sections of DCs and SCs only in the back row.  It creates a really impressive texture, especially with this yarn.


 The pattern was incredibly easy to follow and super easy to assemble.


Here we are today, visiting my family in North Tonawanda, NY (where I grew up) with Xena and the Easter Bunny at Platters Chocolate Factory.


I used the small size pattern.  My cardigan is so cozy and warm and it fits me perfectly!





I enjoyed working on this pattern so much that I'm going to start another cardigan with some periwinkle wool yarn I bought from A Verb For Keeping Warm last fall.  I can't remember the name brand ATM but I'll be sure to dig out the tag by the time I finish my next sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment