Saturday, March 24, 2018

Crochet X-Mas Stockings

Xena arrived 16 days after her due date (11/29).  Although I (finally) started going into labor naturally at home on 12/12, I was induced on 12/13 and she was born just after midnight on 12/14.  I started making us stockings on 12/12 and due to her arrival date, I was unable to finish this project by X-Mas.  So far I've finished 2 and I have 1 more to go so we have a total of 3 for Xena, Mom and Dad.  Better luck next year!


Start in a round of 12 DC's to create your foundation circle.


 Alternate X-mas colors in a granny hexagon.


On the final row, SC around the edge of each medallion.






Assemble the medallions like honeycombs in a hive to create your stocking.


 I double crocheted a few rows on the top of my stocking, then DC-ed a hook on the edge and simply embroidered Xena's name on the side with a darning needle.


Xena's such a tiny little newborn in this photo!


I also crocheted matching ornaments.


Progress on the 2nd stocking.  I'll photograph all 3 together once I've finished the last one.


No comments:

Post a Comment