Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Craftsy Free Pattern - Mon Petit Violon Buttoned Jacket Revisited

Well I enjoyed making this pattern so much for Xena that I used it again to crochet a sweater for sweet baby Heron, my friends in Seattle, Mike and Bree's newborn.  I used DK weight Madeline Tosh Forager from Imagiknit with a size G hook.  The yarn is 100% merino wool and it just glides through your fingers like pure bliss.  It takes a little more than a skein and a 1/2 of a 225 yards/205 metres skein.


Mommy's little helper at the yarn store.


Grazing in the grass with the yolk!

 

Xena modelling the finished product.  She was about 4 months old when the photo was taken.


I used vintage pearly lavender buttons.


Seed stitch sleeve detail.


Back of the sweater.


Front of the sweater.

I just can't get enough of how well the textured griddle stitch works with this variegated yarn so I decided to buy more of the same colorway to make another cardigan for Xena in the 6-12 month size!


Morning vibes at Dolores Park, one of our most frequented crochet spots.

No comments:

Post a Comment