Saturday, March 24, 2018

Crochet gifts for friends and family

Super soft baby beanies crocheted in Madeline Tosh Mandala, ooh la la!


By only working the back row on alternating rows, you can create a great ribbed texture.


I've seen so many different patterns for convertible mittens but I've always had minor issues with them, so I created my own pattern.  


Jenny's vegan so I made her a hat with matching gloves in acrylic yarn.  I was in the third trimester when I finished this project and basically all I could do at this point was sit and crochet!


Jenny modeling her hat and mittens at home in Chicago and outdoors when she came to visit me recently and we were hiking in Muir Woods.


I crocheted convertible mittens for both of my sister-in-laws with the breathtaking hand-dyed and hand-spun yarn from The Wool Room.  I used my husband as a hand model since he has similar shaped hands to his sisters.



No comments:

Post a Comment