Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Sycamore Shrug - FREE Pattern with purchase of yarn at DWW or FREE if you contact me directly

 

 

OK, before I start blabbing all about Rhinebeck, I want to get caught up discussing a lot of FOs and other things I've been meaning to write about over the past few months.  Back in September I helped the shop by designing a shapely shrug to be used with Extra Chunky aka Extra Bulky yarn.


The request was for a striped shrug using Blue Sky Fibers Woolstok North.


While experimenting with gauge and shaping, I used a few other fun bases.  


I especially like this combination of Malabrigo Rasta held double with some handspun indie-dyed DK Merino held triple.  The latter was a gift and there was no ball band but it's single ply.

 

I really enjoy marling and the options are endless with this pattern.

 

In an effort to explore restrictive budget options, I also knit a sample using Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick 'n Quick which is an acrylic blend.


If anyone wants a free copy of the pattern, just reach out to me directly and I will provide it to you with a .pdf.  Otherwise, you can acquire a printed paper copy free with purchase of yarn directly at DWW.


This pattern is super basic stockinette knit in the round with size 13 needles.  Not only can it be a great stashbuster, but it's a quick gift knit that be finished in only a few hours, definitely in a day or 2 days max.

 

This shop sample uses 2 hanks of the MC and 2 hanks of the CC.


I knit the shop sample in Thermal Spring and Loon Lake colorways.

It was so much fun to be a part of this development process and especially to assist customers shopping for yarn to use on a pattern that I designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment