Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Knit Arcane Beanie pattern designed by James N. Watts featured in the Ritual Dyes Fall Equinox offering

 


My Ritual Dyes Fall Equinox offering arrived only days before Rhinebeck.  But I was so intrigued by the pattern that I cast it on almost immediately.  I set aside the brown colorway it came with and replaced it with leftover Knudsen I bought at the last and now final Stitches SoCal so it would match my Midcoast Sweater, my "official Rhinebeck sweater".

 

On October 1st, I had a delightful visit from my friend and former Atelier co-worker, Catherine.  She's originally from RVA but has been living in SF for decades now.  Her sister still lives in Salisbury, VA and we finally got to hang again for the first time since before I moved back here from CA. She is actually the person responsible to introducing me to DWW in the first place! Our mutual loves of RVA and The Bay binds us together.  The photo above is of our snack spread.  We have a long history of eating, knitting and having the best conversations together.  

 

I knit size 3 of the hat.  I didn't make any modifications.


I love the braided cabled headband and I love that you can just measure it as you go to ensure that you have a perfectly fitted hat.


I promised myself that I would wear this hat at Rhinebeck and on Saturday AM, I was up at 5AM finishing up the last few crown decreases in front of the cozy fire in our hotel lobby.


This hat will always remind me of Rhinebeck and the fabulous friendships I've made over the years.

 

The photos above are from the Asian Makers meet up that Aimée Gille organized on The Hill.  It was the most Asian knitters I've ever seen all in one place in my entire life.  My mind was blown.  


I still haven't even blocked my hat but it fits perfectly.


I'm also considering adding a pompom and I am already anxious to knit another hat ASAP while the charts are still fresh in my memory.


This photo is of Amber and I in our #1 all-time, absolute favorite place at Rhinebeck, the Periwinkle Sheep booth.  I'll post photos of all of my purchases soon.  It's just taking me a while to get back into the groove of things and it probably won't happen until this Sunday at the earliest.







No comments:

Post a Comment