Sunday, October 29, 2023

Knit Vervain Socks designed by Sachiko Burgin from Laine Publishing's 52 Weeks of Socks Book

I just realized that although I posted these socks as soon as I finished them back in late September on IG, I forgot to share them here.  


This is the sock pattern that Amber and I agreed to use as our "Rhinebeck socks".  They would've been in the same yarn as would our Rhinebeck sweaters, except for the fact that I still cannot find the box containing all of that yarn that I purchased at Rhinebeck the year before since we moved?! 

 

So, I ended up using one of my favorite sock yarns ever, the now defunct Houndstooth Fibers Painted Ladies from NorCal.


I just love the gentle ombre of this style of dyeing.


The Vervain Socks pattern was designed by Sachiko Burgin.  The pattern is available for purchase individually on Ravelry and also featured as one of many outstanding patterns featured in Laine Publishing's 52 Weeks of Socks book aka one of my favorite sock knitting books ever published.

 

Prior to when I first started knitting socks, it never really crossed my mind that socks could be knit with a pattern design specific to each left and right foot.

This lacey pattern was such a joy to knit and I cannot wait to make another pair...but not until I get started on my Squam 2024 socks for next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment