Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Atelier Yarns Stockinette Poncho Pattern #113

 Hello!  I have wanted to knit this pattern forever!


I used the Fibre Company's RTCL in Cobalt.  It's a luscious, sport weight combination of 65% alpaca/15% silk/10% camel/10% cashmere.

The pattern calls for 4 skeins.  I used 3, 50g skeins, plus only 10g of the final skein.  So it looks like I'll have enough leftover to make a pair of matching socks. :)


I love the one size fits all Aran gauge of this pattern.  Because it uses size 9 needles, it's like wearing a cozy cloud.


I wanted to try the pattern first in the yarn it calls for but now that I've made it, I am planning to immediately knit another in a much funkier yarn.


Thanks to my crochet skills, seaming this garment couldn't have been quicker or easier.


And finishing the edges with crochet crab stitch was so much fun and professional looking!


Blocking truly releases the fluffly magic of this yarn.


The before and after is shocking!

This is the easiest pattern ever and a perfect mobile project!


In other fun fiber news, my crochet buddy, Julia, made me these super swank earrings with some blacklight Molly Girl yarn and neon mini-tassels I sent her.


I already posted these images in my IG stories but I wanted to archive them here for posterity.

Working at a yarn store is still the current highlight of my week/month/life.

Here is a photo of one of the samples I just crocheted on display at the store.


Now it's time to get back to work on a sweater I just started for Xena.

No comments:

Post a Comment