Thursday, January 7, 2021

Atelier Yarns Granny Square Blanket Pattern #159

As I mentioned in my previous post, I've begun crocheting some shop samples for Atelier.  The first sample that I started and finished this week is Pattern #159, which uses a G hook and 4, 100g balls of Noro Kibou, Col. 7, Lot A.  Obviously you could use whatever colors you like!  


The yarn is a light weight DK cotton/wool/silk blend.


The subtle muted color palette crocheted in a granny square pattern creates the optical illusion that you're changing colors every round when actually the yarn is doing the work.


(Unblocked) this creates a 44" diameter lap blanket/baby blanket.


It took me 23 hours to complete which is real time means less than a week, crocheting a few hrs everyday.


If you'd like to come and squish the shop sample and pick out your own kit IRL, I will be bringing it into work this Saturday.


In other happy fiber news, I waited until New Year's Day to open my Winter Soulstice offering from Ritual Dyes in PDX and welcome in 2021 with some extra good vibes.  I am somewhat embarrassed to admit that I haven't yet cast on their Fall Equinox offering but I swear I'm going to do it soon!   

No comments:

Post a Comment