Sunday, August 11, 2024

Tellin Knit Sweater Designed by María Jesús Camus

 

 

I already posted these photos in my Ravelry projects but I also wanted to archive them here.


This was one of the most enjoyable sweaters I've knit all year and I cannot wait to cast on another although I'm definitely going to wait until the weather cools down.


This is a breakdown of the yarn I used:

MC: Kim Dyes Yarn Meringue Fluff (74% Suri Alpaca/26% Silk) in the Gelato colorway (head double)
CC 1 (body): The Wandering Flock 100% Extra Fine SWM in the Neon Coral Colorway
CC 2 (cuffs, collar, hem and raglan details): Kim Dyes Yarn Napoleon Sock (80% SWM/20% Silk) in the Gelato colorway


This pattern was featured in Issue #47 of Pom Pom Quarterly.


I used the needles called for in the pattern and I knit size 2.

 

These photos are pleasant reminders of how much joy our family experienced while I was making this sweater over the spring and summer.


I'm trying to stay positive but it isn't always easy.

 

All I want is to provide a better life for Xena than I had growing up.  


One thing is for sure, she definitely has a sense of humor!


This pattern was very thoughtfully designed and easy to follow.


Although I first learned to knit 2 years before Xena was born, I didn't really take it seriously until after I started to recover enough from my emergency C-section to get out of the house.  For the first 2 years of her life, I peed blood every time I went to the bathroom, bent over, or put any pressure on my abdomen.


I am thankful everyday just to be alive and to be a part of her life.  Although it's a bit morbid, I love when she likes something I've knit so much, that she asks me if she can have it when I die.  I always remind her that she could also borrow anything before I'm actually dead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment