Sunday, June 16, 2024

The James River Yarn Crawl, been there, done that and now it's dead.

Last year I attended the JRYC for my first time, but this year was my first year working it!

 

The Crawl was fun but it would've been A LOT more fun if both of my ears hadn't been plugged from allergies since Easter.  I basically spent the entire event in an allergy pill/Dayquil/Nyquil fueled haze.  You can see the pain I was in just looking at this photo.

 

But the real highlight, same as last year, was petting and hugging the live alpaca at Center of the Yarniverse.

 

There was no shortage of "fiber drama" throughout The Crawl and sadly as result, this year will be the final year of this most coveted special event.  There are even bigger and better events in the works to replace this epic VA-based fiber arts festival but as far as the JRYC goes, as it's been known, it's now done forever.  R.I.P.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment