Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Modified Madeline Tosh Baby Raglan for a 5 y.o. petite Asian :)

Oh, I can't even count how many times I have knit this pattern since Xena was an infant.  I love this pattern because it's so freaking basic, not only is it super easy to modify but I practically have it memorized at this point.  




It's hard to tell from the photos but this yarn is so bright and neon IRL, it practically glows.  

 

I alternated between 2 different hanks at a time for the body and the sleeves.  I made a few different modifications to elongate the body and sleeves but otherwise stuck to the pattern and used size 4 and 6 needles with 16" and 32" (or 40" circulars) for magic looping the sleeves.

 

We took Xena to the BADM for their Happy Noon Year celebration.  She was really excited to play with her umbrella outside but when we arrived and it was a full on downpour, she was a lot less stoked.


I love the photos of her hamming it up in front of the TV the night before, fresh off my needles, pre-steam blocking.

 

She wore the sweater to school today and I will give a proper wet blocking after we get home.

 

I love the effects of marling and definitely plan to experiment with it more.  I also have figured out what I'm going to do with my leftovers - a colorwork sweater for myself!  I know I've said it before and I'll say it again; it's so gratifying knitting kids clothes because this only took me a little over a week to make!


My only hang up with the way this yarn is plied is that every single hank, even if it is called the same colorway is totally different than the next so it is literally impossible to have completely matching sleeves, like ever.


Anyway, Happy New Year!  I wish I had some deep thoughts to share but I've been too preoccupied with our upcoming move (back) to RVA to think of much else.  We have A LOT to look forward to and equally dread.  I just have to continue to remind myself that this is ultimately what I always wanted, especially for Xena.  More details to follow shortly.


No comments:

Post a Comment