Monday, October 3, 2022

General Update, Lambtown and more!

Since my last post when Xena first started school, I think I forgot about this blog!  I've been incredibly busy not only with fiber arts-related work and play but also with philatelic work and play, trying to get my Etsy shop back into pre-Xena hyper-productive mode and just life in general.

 

I finished these sporty shorty socks (but completely forgot to blog about them) with some yarn from my penpal, Angela, who donated all of her knitting stash and supplies to me because she's moving out of state. 


I have no idea what brand of yarn this is but it feels like 80% SWM/10% nylon/10% silk or cashmere.


Jenise made a mistake knitting her Purl Soho Puzzle Blanket so I offered to help her (re)knit the first triangle.  Over the weekend I handed it back off to her after running out of the yarn she gave me.  

 

I look forward to seeing her complete it and after working on just one triangle, it really made me want to knit one for myself.  The spongy garter stitch is so fluffy!


Then in anticipation of Baby Anne's first birthday, I knit the Easiest Baby Sweater Ever - Sport pattern designed by Amanda, the owner of Atelier.


I always like to give baby knits gifts that are larger than the current size of the baby so I knit the 24 months size of the pattern using Ella Rae Eco Organic Cotton in Color 06 Hazel, Lot 4014.


I used left and right leaning raglan increases.


It's a beautiful sweater but it fits Xena who's turning 5 in a few months so I decided to keep it for her.

 

I HATE KNITTING WITH COTTON and this was no exception.

  

So then I decided to knit the 18 months version in an ancient discontinued Lambs Pride SW wool colorway called Color SW36, Lot #004 Serendipity Turquoise.


It came out beautifully but it also fits Xena!  I used KFB raglan increases instead of left and right leaning ones that are actually a lot easier and quicker.


In essence of time, I relented and just decided to gift it anyway but I am now knitting a 3rd version of the 6 months pattern which I held up to Anne's body yesterday and can see that it will fit her perfectly with room for the future.  I just have to finish the sleeves and then I'll post photos.


I've also been working on a few other things that I'm not quite ready to share but there will be some very fun and colorful stuff coming soon!


Yesterday we made our way to Dixon for Lambtown and I'm just going to repost what I shared on IG: "@lambtownfestival has been one of my favorite fiber arts festivals to attend since I returned to CA and I am so happy that (after 2 yrs of virtual only) it's back IRL! It's our mini "Rhinebeck of the West" and a personal Rhinebeck pre-party for me. Even though we started in the morning, by midday everyone was beyond hot, dusty and disheveled. We had 3, under 5 y.o.'s melting down and unfortunately I didn't have a chance to do much shopping but I sure had a ton of fun! Super duper stoked on the @feederbrookfarm Luminous Flux Entropy DK I picked up, plus an adorable No Face tote from @aneedlerunsthroughit for Xena and Among Friends project bag from @dawnkathrynstudios ! Many thanks to @kirakdesigns for her tremendous effort in organizing so many great things! ♥️♥️♥️"

 

The Wooly Adventures crafting area was a fantastic family friendly addition!


Last time we went to Lambtown, Xena was only just crawling and petrified of grass.


Kristine, her mom and kids met up with us.

 

There was an adorable noodle pony hay maze for the kids complete with a ball pit.

 

We never miss the sheep shearing and sheep dog demos!


No alpacas this year but plenty of very fine sheep!


It's a shame that I didn't get to spend more time in the marketplace but since I'm heading off to Rhinebeck in a few weeks, I don't expect to run out of yarn by then so I think I'll be OK !!! 


That's all for now.  Xena's home sick from school.  She's had a fever and congestion on and off for days. 








No comments:

Post a Comment