Monday, July 18, 2022

More Fraternal Socks

 We just returned from our annual summer trip to NOLA for The Happening.  It was a very relaxing and delightful adventure.  We had a pretty set routine one this trip which means that Xena and I were in/at the rooftop pool the majority of the time.  We also had 2 of the best meals of our lives back to back at Irene's and then at Tableau in the French Quarter.

 

I managed to get quite a bit of knitting done but I am still far from finishing Xena's back to school cardi.  I feel confident that I will make a lot of progress with it this week, fingers and legs crossed.

 

My main travel knitting project was just an inverse of a pair of "Not So Crazy" socks that I knit a month or so ago.  I realized that although I posted my finished socks on IG, I never posted finished photos here.

 

I used contrasting Sock Hero ColorMix yarn that I bought at Fiber Circle Studio in Petaluma.  It is a triple ply blend of 80% SWM/20% nylon.  It was my first time using this brand of yarn and I really liked it.  


This is a photo of Diana, the organizer of our Sunday knit and crochet meet up at Schmidt's in Berkeley.  I haven't be able to make it to the meet up very much this summer but I went last Sunday and was pleasantly reminded of what a wonderful reprieve it is.

 

I love marled ombre tones.  The MC is Twinkle Toes and the CC is Golden Ticket.

 

As you will see on my next pair, the inverse of the MC/CC creates quite a significant contrast!

 

I am so stoked on both pairs!


I am also all about their fraternal, non-identical style.  Goodness knows I already spend more than enough time focused on hyper-symmetry.

When it comes to knitting socks, I've come to the conclusion that I actually prefer a little bit of nylon in my sock yarn.  

 

And when I use a blend containing nylon, I machine wash and (gasp) dry my socks!

 

It took me years to be OK with this but I finally just realized that for super basic socks, they just don't require wet blocking and/or line drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment