Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Knit Ripple Halter designed by Jessie Maed Designs

Initially I was planning to archive the entire month's worth of #yarnlove #yarnlove2022 #yarnlovechallenge photos and posts on my blog but I am now completely burnt out and uninterested.  Although it was great fun to participate in the challenge, I now realize that I have no desire to relive it!  So, SNS.

Moving on, I finally finished my #ripplehalter designed by Jessie Maed Designs!

 

I only just started it on June 19th but because it's form fitting and has no sleeves, it was undisputedly the quickest top I've ever knit!

  

I am unashamed to admit that I used multiple life lines to repeatedly try on my top as I progressed.  I'm too OCD and never so overconfident that I just eye shit up flat and hope for the best.

 

I know I've said this before but I would like to reiterate.  I am about 5' tall with a 40" bust. Many people probably can't even imagine WTF it is like to be so short with such big tits.  I was flat as a board, mistaken for being a boy/man/sir up until my mid-20s. OK, it didn't help that for many years I had a shaved head, but still.  Through my 20s and most of my 30s I only wore a size B cup but after childbirth at 39, my tits blew the f*ck up and never went back down.  I hate them.  I hate wearing a bra.  If I could afford to get a breast reduction I wouldn't flinch for even a second before immediately scheduling one.  So, now that I'm 44 and I can't control gravity, I'm just trying to embrace it. 

 

I knit size 3 of the pattern which is meant for a 35" full chest measurement.  The pattern is designed with 6" negative ease at the full chest so it was recommended going down 1-2 sizes below your actual bust measurement.


Because this top is knit in 2x2 ribbing, even though it has a ton of shaping, the fabric itself is incredibly stretchy.

 

I think I could even get away with knitting size 2 and/or going down a needle size for more coverage on the sides.  

 

(Obviously) I'm posing for all of these photos without a bra.  A bra would add support but I'm not a fan of clashing straps and I think it looks quite sexy as is.

 

Forgive my tan lines.  I'm hoping to even those out a bit by the pool when we head to NOLA next weekend.

 

I used about 2 hanks worth of Koigu KPM 100% Merino sock yarn in #1150-0017.  I love this top and come to think of it, considering climate change and all, it's going to be a perfect Rhinebeck "sweater", LOL!






No comments:

Post a Comment