Saturday, September 12, 2020

Happy Local Yarn Store Day!

I've been waiting until today, September 12th, LYS Day, to make this very special announcement.  I've finally made one of my biggest dreams come true, I am working at a yarn store!  It's only one day a week but between Xena and Etsy that's all I can handle.  I started working at Atelier Yarns on Divisadero (between Pine and California) in San Francisco 4 weeks ago and this should come as no surprise, I love it SO much!!!


I bought myself this amazing publication to celebrate.


I also finished knitting my final pair of Scrappy B socks from the #ScrappyHappyPals KAL this morning.  These are all of the socks I knit over the past month or so and I am so happy to see all of them together.


I thought it would be fun to take a few photos of them in the shop.


They looked especially comfy in the Madeline Tosh section since the MC is Tosh Sock yarn.

I was hoping to use all of the colorways my pals sent me from the KAL but I forgot how small my feet were so still I have one color leftover to use in the future.


I have so many different fingering weight yarn scraps, my only real problem was trying to choose which colors to use.


I am extremely pleased with the results.  I am sure that many people might consider these to be some of the ugliest socks they've ever seen but I have and always will shamelessly love ALL THE COLORS.


In other fiber news, I can't believe it but I won the Imagiknit 18 year anniversary IG giveaway (which included a free tote, stitch markers and measuring tape) yesterday!  They, along with Firebird Yarns in the Haight and Atelier (where I now work) are the trifecta of awesome LYS's in SF.  

So in spite of the terrible air and all of the other wack shit happening around the world, it's been a very good week.  I am extremely thankful and happy to be alive and I've even made some decent progress on my crazy granny blanket.


I'm trying to take progress photos after every 5 rounds.


Hopefully I'll have some more colorful updates soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment