Friday, September 4, 2020

Crochet Chevon Blanket for Xena

Because I worked on it so sporadically, this project took me a couple years to finish.  I don't remember exactly when I started it but it was at least by the time we had a crib/bed for Xena and I could take loose measurements for the foundation stitch total set up for my crochet chevron pattern.


This is the most basic SC crochet chevron pattern out there.  Just google it and plenty of free versions will show up or you can refer to my tutorial here or here.  For Xena's blanket I crocheted 13 stitches between each hill and valley and I created a total of 6 chevron points.


I think I misplaced a few ball bands along the way but I used 5-6, 200 yard hanks of (Madeline) Tosh Vintage 100% SWM worsted yarn in the now discontinued Hydrop colorway.  It was originally $23/hank but I know I got a discount for buying in bulk.

I am totally in love with the way the variegation was randomly distributed throughout this blanket!

It's also the perfect size to use as a lap throw.


Xena loves her new blanket just as much as I do!


If you've never crocheted a chevron blanket before, and especially if you already have tight tension, blocking the F.O. is key!  It looks like a wrinkly old rag prior to blocking.

I soaked my blanket for a half hour; normally I only soak socks and sweaters for 15-20 min.  It took about 5 days for my blanket to dry.  


Even if your blanket still looks a little wobbly after blocking, do not fear, a few months of good snuggles will straighten out your lines just perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment