Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Knit Verge Shawl and more!

Woohoo!  I finally finished the 2nd Kira K Designs kit that I purchased at Lambtown back in the Fall.  You can purchase the Verge Shawl pattern on Ravelry or directly from Kira K.  I know she's going to be at Stitches West in a few weeks and I can't wait to show off my FO, IRL.  I imagine she'll have plenty of super rad kits available.


Finishing this shawl was a fantastic opportunity to try out my new Knitters Pride lace blocking mats and blockers that I bought from Webs with an X-Mas gift certificate from my MIL.  I prefer the texture of the these mats but on the contrary, I really like the 1" grid printed on the shitty mats I bought on sale at Joann Fabrics a while back.


I've never been able to take a photo of any handmade item without Xena anxiously grabbing it and posing in it first.


All of the yarn included in this kit came from Knitted Wit.  It's all fingering weight 100% SWM.  The MC is their Oregon Sky Colorway.  I used 1 1/2, 400 yd hanks.  The other colors used in the stripes came from their playfully named 45 yd "gumballs" as follows: Beaujolais, Salted Caramel, Lettuce Alone, Mighty Oak and Spicy Chai.  I had plenty of leftover yarn and it will not go to waste!


This was my first time using the interlocking technique to switch colors.  Since I've yet to try Intarsia knitting, I'm unsure if this is the same or a similar technique but I really like it and I especially like how securely the colors are "locked" when switching back and forth between MC and CC.


I'm too lazy to go outside right now so here are some weak bedroom photos.  Thankfully Xena is a much better model than I.


 Shawls, the next big toddler trend!


I crocheted this toy box for Xena a while ago and forgot to post photos of it.  


It's a very colorful addition to our super tiny living room.


Xena uses it everyday and she thoroughly enjoyed harassing me the entire time I was making it. 


 I actually have a considerable slate of more FO's but they are all gifts and I won't blog about them until after they've been given at the end of the month.  In the meantime, I'm on schedule to finish a new pair of socks which I plan to wear at Stitches West and I just finished gauge swatching for a rather complex cardigan (that I'll blog more about in the future) and will begin work on my own Flax Sweater later today (if Xena allows me).

No comments:

Post a Comment