Thursday, February 13, 2020

Knit Rye Socks by Tin Can Knits

Just in the nick of time (to wear to Stitches next week), I finished a pair of socks I started a while ago but kept putting on hold to finish other projects.  I've knit these socks before but (in my novice idiocy) I accidentally knit the "garter panel" in reverse stockinette without realizing it.  Those socks came out swell but here's my 2nd attempt following the pattern exactly and knitting the "garter panel" correctly.  I used the (free) Rye Socks pattern by Tin Can Knits and Houndstooth Fiber Arts 100% SWM 4 ply "Cyrmry" fingering weight yarn in their Agate colorway.


I love this pattern and I love this yarn especially because it comes from Castro Valley, CA.  I've even used this colorway before on one of my favorite crochet shawls and I intentionally wanted to knit socks in this colorway because they will match plenty of my outfits.  Because my feet are so small, I only used about 1/2 of a 100g hank making these socks.


 The pattern calls for size 2 needles on the body (and size 1 for the 1x1 ribbed cuff) but I used a size 1 for the entire sock.  These socks fit beautifully but I am planning to cast on another pair using a size 0 for the entire sock because I am starting to realize that after all of the socks I've knit with fingering yarn, I really just prefer socks knit on 0s best of all.


Is it just the philatelist in me wanting preferring everything to be smaller?   

No comments:

Post a Comment