Friday, September 13, 2019

Knit Uneek Swing Tank Top aka my Rhinebeck Sweater

So, in essence of time, because in terms of knitting WIPs, I didn't make the decision to attend the Rhinebeck Sheep & Wool festival until the last minute, I decided to knit the Uneek Swing Tank Top pattern instead of a full on long sleeved sweater for the event.  I started it about a month ago and have been feverishly focused on its completion.  This is a free pattern and it was extremely easy to follow.  It was my first time time turning and wrapping with short rows (working flat) and continuously switching colors (that aren't stranded) in a pattern.  The cool thing about this pattern is that it's knit with sock yarn on size 8 needles so it creates a light and airy, breathable fabric.


Because of the repeating alternating colors, I had to weave in more ends than I've ever done before.  I suppose this would annoy some people but I thrive on tedious work.  I used the duplicate stitch on the wrong side for completely seamless finishing.  I got abalone buttons on sale at the JoAnn's that's going on out business in Colma and I used Houndstooth sock yarn from my stash leftover from the Flatiron Shawl I crocheted a while ago. 


This was also my first time blocking a knit garment and it came out perfectly.  Of course, in retaliation for not being allowed to swallow a handful of T-pins, Xena had to dump out an entire box of my etsy business cards right as I was trying to take a take this photo in a completely cramped environment.


I am so stoked on how that tank top came out and I'm especially pleased because my husband (who has a tendency to be completely oblivious to any new handmade garments that I'm wearing) thinks it looks great too and complimented me on it twice before he left for work this AM.


I think Xena approves too!

I also just finished a hat for myself yesterday but because I'm going to wait until it gets cooler out to take some photos.  It's been hot as Hell for the past few days and I simply cannot bring myself to get excited about wearing a wool hat right now.

Tonight, Kristine and I are going to the First Fridays Stitch 'n Bitch at the Black Squirrel Annex in Temescal.  It's a BYOC (bring your own chair) event and I'm really looking forward to just chilling outdoors with my WIPs while the sun sets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment