Tuesday, June 27, 2017

WIP - Crochet Block Stitch Baby Afghan

This past May and early June, Matthew and I travelled to Finland to attend the Finlandia International Stamp show where Matthew was exhibiting his collection of 19th century Danish West Indies postal history in Tampere.  After the show we went to visit friends in the Telemark province of Norway.  While in Skien, I found a really nice yarn shop called Strikkenpinnen and splurged on as much Norwegian alpaca yarn as I could fit in my suitcase.


With this luxurious Sadnes Garn Alpakka, I've started crocheting my first baby blanket with the block stitch.


Like practically every other pattern in existence, there's plenty of online tutorials, pintrest pins and google image diagrams for this pattern all available for free.  There's also plenty of patterns available for purchase on etsy and ravelry.   


It's very easy to work on while travelling or watching TV.  The only catch is that you have to hide your tails and tie off at the beginning and end of every row.  My blanket is about 36" wide and I'm crocheting with size F hook.  I have 4 1/2 skeins of white left and when it's done, I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment