Friday, October 7, 2022

Summer Lee Knits Feet Teeth Knit Socks for Silly Sock Day

 I cast on Xena's first sock using Summer Lee Knits Feet Teeth sock pattern for kids on August 19th.


I used size 0 needles and Koigu KPPPM sock yarn.

I finished both of Xena's socks on Sept 12th and then immediately started mine although I was quite delayed in finishing them since I had a lot of other stuff going on (as mentioned in my previous post).


These socks are a little roomy on her which is great for longevity.

 

I'm very familiar with Summer Lee's sock patterns and even though this particular one had a little twist, using a folded hem, they are otherwise exactly like her other shorty sock patterns.


I love that this pattern has a variety of different charts for different sizes and shapes of teeth.  There are also options for stripes, polka dots and solids.

 

Her pattern recommends duplicate stitch for the black eye stitches but I just used intarsia instead.

 

I owe it all to Irina for my super cool transparent boots.  We were actually supposed to be visiting her in SoCal this weekend but we couldn't logistically work it out.  I am really bummed but hopefully we will get to see her soon.

 

As you can see, Xena is already very excited for Halloween.  I am still working on her costume and that is a whole other story but hopefully I will be able to get my sh*t together soon because our first Halloween party (at her dentist, LOL) is in a few weeks.

 

I plan to knit many more matching mommy-daughter pairs of these socks.  They're just so fun and colorful!

By alternating the MC and CC on Xena's pair of socks and my pair, it took 1, 50g hank of each striping color and then just scraps of black yarn and barely any white and red yarn.  Thankfully I already had scraps around from previous projects.


In comparison to long sock patterns, this is a very economical sock pattern.


So many people tend to knit "serious", lacy or cabled socks; it was so liberating to literally just knit something silly.


These socks also have a dual purpose of being ready made sock puppets.


If you thought I was making it up, I wasn't.  Today was officially Silly Sock Day at Xena's school!

 

If you were wondering who those weirdos were sitting on the sidewalk in front of the SFxTC this morning, that was us!

 

Did you notice how I slipped my Ripple Halter on over my turtleneck and under my overalls in true Mork and Mindy-Crafty Mom-Style?!









No comments:

Post a Comment