Wednesday, April 8, 2020

It's the collector in me.  When I find a pattern I like, I knit doubles, triples, quadruples and so on.  This is my 3rd pair of Rye Socks by Tin Can Knits (as promised a few posts ago). 


I used Castro Valley's finest, Houndstooth Fiber Arts 100% SWM "Cymry" 4-ply fingering yarn in their Honey Comb colorway.  Indie-dyed golden yarn from the Golden State is definitely (in) my project bag, baby!


 Because I have midget feet, as planned, I used size 0 needles and knit the Adult S size of the pattern.  What's crazy is that I think I could even go a size smaller, especially with light fingering yarn.


I will admit that I intentionally knit this color and pattern of sock to match my mustard Flax Pullover.


Super smooth heel action!


Just for the record, I never block my socks as soon as I finish them. I find that wearing them once and then hand washing them and then just hanging them on a rack to dry works perfectly fine.


I did actually download a lot of new and more complex sock patterns that I plan to try soon but because I've been binge watching so many shows after Xena goes to bed, I need something simple to work on in the evenings when my brain is totally fried.  So my next sock-related plan is to "pleasure knit" another pair of Not-So-Crazy socks with some really funky yarn I bought at the last Stitches and then start a completely new sock pattern.  In the meantime, I hope to have a very special FO to present in a few days!



No comments:

Post a Comment