Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Sherbet Socks

It's just the OCD in me but when I find something I like, I tend to stick with it.  This is my 2nd  successful attempt at the same very simple sock pattern.  I used the Fiber & Hue Sherbet Fingering yarn I bought at the last Stitches West fiber arts convention.


This time I used size 1 needles.  Previously I used 0 needles because the yarn was thicker.


This yarn is 75% SW Merino and 25% nylon so it's a vaguely stretchy but not too much.


These socks fit perfectly and you can really see by the photo above just how small my feet are!  As soon as I finished these socks, I cast on another pair in the exact same pattern just this afternoon and I'll post a photo of my WIP soon.


I don't know many people in France but of all of the people in that fine country, I do have one most favorite person.  His name is Etienne and for the past month I've been working on a special project for him. 


Above is a preview of the "wrong side" of the first part of the project.  Stay tuned for the finished pieces.

Tonight we leave for Boston and on Thursday AM I will hop into my rental car and drive to Western MA for my long awaited knitting retreat!  I am really excited and even a bit nervous.  This is my first time ever attending any sort of retreat.  I'm going alone and I don't know anyone else attending.  None of these things bother me as I love new adventures, I love my own company and I also enjoy meeting others.  I just hope I don't get too overwhelmed with all of the classes and that I can truly relax and enjoy myself while also learning plenty of new skills and techniques and obviously, I am beyond amped to buy a shit ton of yarn!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment