Sunday, October 27, 2013

Crochet Pencil Skirt Party!

My fingers have been extremely busy lately.  I've been crocheting non-stop everyday and I'm very pleased with the results.  This isn't my first time crocheting skirts but this is a new pattern I just developed and I really like the belt loops and crochet belt that ties in a bow.  I love holidays and celebrations and the general idea of wrapping myself up like a crochet present. 

Here's the skirt I made with variegated red, white and blue yarn with white trim and a blue belt.



It's always fun to see how the variegated pattern works itself out.



And here's the super bold, racecar striped bright emerald green and blue-violet number!


I love this shocking color contrast!



These skirts are so flexible, form fitting and fun! I'm wearing them with bright tights but I would total rock them with leggings or bare legged too.





2 comments:

  1. Oh man, i would LOVE to make this. It seems pretty logical and simple to me. the only thing i'm curious about are your belt loops. Did you make those separately and attach them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, each belt loop is made individually and attached separately but they were really easy to make. I just chained 7 + 3 and then HDCed back over the chain to the end. Then I tied each loop to the skirt at the top and bottom of the loop and hid the excess yarn on the underside of the skirt.

      Delete