Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Crochet Doily Mesh Bag

Nautical, netted crochet work is a hot trend this summer.  I actually started seeing some great styles around last summer and earlier this spring and now they seem to be popping up everywhere.  A while ago I crocheted these votive candle holders.  The other night I decided to try my hand at creating a little netted bag for them.  For the base of the bag, I started with a very basic doily design.



Then I just "fish-scaled" my netting over each loop, row upon row.  I didn't refer to a specific pattern, I just made it up as I went.  In this case, I chained 10 stitches for each loop.  I connected my fishscales in the center of each loop.  When I got to the top of my bag, I DC-ed around the edges and made a little DC-ed carrying handle/strap.


It was a quick and fun little project with great results!


No comments:

Post a Comment