Monday, August 31, 2020

Knit Pom Squad Sneaker Sock

The #ScrappyHappyPals KAL party train just keeps on rolling!  All aboard?!  Next stop Summer Lee Designs' Pom Squad Sneaker Socks!


These sporty little ankle socks were such a joy to knit!


I used some leftover Fiber and Hue yarn.  The ball band has long since left the building but it feels like 80% SWM/20% nylon and it was definitely an OOAK hand dyed colorway that's probably no longer available (or possibly available upon request).  I used 0's and the knit the smallest size of the pattern.


Perhaps I just subconsciously knit a pair of socks to match my toenail polish or bed comforter...


I love the simple and practical design of these socks. 


I barely had enough yarn left to make my pom poms but luckily I had a ball of Madeline Tosh Sock Edison Bulb rollin' around to compensate.  


These are the smallest and cutest little pom poms I've ever made!  I already cast on the faded version this morning and although I won't be able to finish every pair by the end of this month (today), I'll probably be finished with my final 2 pairs at some point in early Sept.


While I was in a pom pom making mood, I decided to spiff up this vintage Chicago Bulls hat that my friend in MN sent me.  Someone actually removed the original pom pom and left a nasty hole in the top of the hat (why???).


Problem solved!  I'm actually a Knicks fan but I can't resist vintage Jordan Bulls gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment