Thursday, August 20, 2020

Faded Frills Knit Socks

 About a week ago I finished knitting a pair of All The Frills socks, the 2nd pair of socks I completed in the Scrappy Happy Pals KAL.  I enjoyed knitting that pattern so much that I went ahead and knit the Faded Frills pattern, as my 3rd pair of socks in the KAL.  It is the exact same pattern as All The Frills but with 4 different yarns/color changes faded into the socks by alternating Color A/Color B, Color B/Color C, Color C/Color D in the following sequence:

A B A B AA B A B A BB A


I bought this Koigu Kpppm 100% SWM Puppy Kisses Webs exclusive a couple years ago.  I was always planning on using it to knit sock but never actually got around to fading until now.  


These are the 4 different sock minis that I used from the set.  They are the 3 hanks on the very right of the box and the 5th hank to the left of the 4th bluish hank (going right to left).  I was already familiar with this yarn because I'm actually crocheting a cardigan for Xena in a different colorway of the same type of yarn.  I love the variegation and how it feels to both crochet and knit with.


Tonight my dinner prep even matched my socks!


The faded colors on these socks remind me of sunrise to sunset.


I am truly mesmerized by all of the different colors!  I used size 0 needles as usual and I had just removed these socks from my feet before taking the photo so the bottom one looks bigger than the top for some reason but they are actually the same size.


Fading is so much fun! 


I have a bunch of faded patterns on my to do list that I am anxious to get started on as soon as I finish all of my X-Mas knitting.  I also plan to fade an upcoming pair of the shorty sport socks in my current KAL.


In case ya'll have been wondering what to wear with your white sandals.


Just blending in with my natural surroundings!


My hair is getting long but I'm (finally) getting it cut this weekend.

And now for something completely different!

No comments:

Post a Comment