Thursday, August 13, 2020

All The Frills Knit Socks

This is my 2nd completed round of socks in the Scrappy Happy Pals KAL.  


I was hoping to finish them sooner but Matt's schedule is constantly changing on an unpredictable daily basis.  Sometimes he works at the office, sometimes he works from home, sometimes he works late and sometimes it's too hard for him to concentrate on WFH if Xena is around so I have to drop everything and take her outside for an extended period of time.  First World problems, yeah, I know.  

Anyway, the All The Frills pattern makes the sweetest little socks!


I used leftover Wooly Wonka Fibers yarn from the Flatiron Shawl I knit a couple years ago.  The ball band has since gone missing so I have no idea what the colorway is but it's really beautiful lilac colored yarn and I hope the photos I took outside in the bright sunshine reflect its lusciousness.  


I love how the frilly cuff is created by casting on double the regular stitch count and then decreased and secured with extra tight stitches.  


The rest of the pattern is just like the Basic B pattern and at this point I practically have it memorized.


As usual I knit the smallest size of the pattern with size 0 needles and I didn't block my socks before taking photos.


I especially like the idea of these frilly ankle socks because I have a lot of ankle boots.


The highlight of this summery afternoon was binding off my 2nd sock in the shade while Xena played in her pool.




No comments:

Post a Comment