Sunday, May 21, 2023

Knit Lighthouse Keeper Pullover designed by Lindsey Fowler


As I mentioned in my previous post, I had originally intended on knitting a pattern from Lindsey Fowler's Salt and Timber book prior to knitting my recently finished Hotdish Cardigan and the Lighthouse Keeper Pullover was it.
 

I used Wandering Flock Worsted weight 100% Extrafine Merino in their Dune colorway for the MC and their Lace weight 80% Kid Mohair/20% Silk blend in their Mother of Purl Rhinebeck custom colorway as the CC.

 

I knit size 6 of the pattern.  I used the recommended needle sizes which I can generally only get away with if I'm knitting in the round because I knit really loose when working flat.  I simply spritzed and steam blocked the sweater on my ironing board; no wet blocking required for this one.  

 

I love the woven textured chain created with a simple alternating repetition of purls and slip stitches.  I also love the extra structure created by the alternating slip stitches on the sides of the body and sleeves.  It has a thick double-folded collar that will offer extra warmth and fuzz in blustery weather.

 

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon and when I was getting ready to take photos, instead of getting all dolled up, I decided just to be my natural-self, unbathed, sweatpants, old Vans, no make up and messy hair since technically, this sweater is specifically intended to be that special handmade sweater that you can pullover anything to feel good and cozy.


I think part of the reason why I finished this sweater so quickly is because I was so excited to a knit a matching (pattern) for Xena with 100% Korean dyed yarn from Kim Dyes Yarn and La Bien Aimee.


Photos coming soon, maybe even before the end of the week if I keep my momentum going.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment