Friday, April 8, 2022

Cable Knit Grace Pillow Designed by Bayron Handmade

I have no one but my student and knit buddy, Jenise, to thank for inspiring me to knit this super chunky cable knit pillow (cover).  The Grace Pillow is designed by Bay Area-based Bayron Handmade and has the same cable pattern as her Grace Pullover.  

We recently started carrying the prettiest hand-dyed super chunky Savvy 100% merino wool yarn from Dream in Color at Atelier.  While I generally prefer knitting with lighter weight yarn, this yarn was too beautiful to be ignored.  I used the Jessamyn #523 colorway.  This yarn has been flying off of the shelves at work and I was relieved that we at least had 3 hanks of the same colorway available to knit this pillow (cover).

 

The pattern teaches how to cable without a cable needle.  It is extremely easy with such chunky yarn and grabby, size 11 wooden needles and far more efficient that using a cable needle.


Although the pattern recommends using size 13 needles for the BO, I just used whatever random needle I had lying around for the 3rd needle which was actually just a 10.5 and it worked just fine.

I especially like the use of toggle buttons in this pattern.  Toggles are a great substitute for anyone too lazy to make button holes and it was nice to have a break from all of the extra work involved.


In my previous post I mentioned the Ritual Dyes annual spring cleaning sale and yesterday my booty arrived!


Also featured in this photo is my latest favorite fiber related gadget.  It's an electronic sweater shaver.  If you are an OCD fiber artist like me, you may end up also considering this to be one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century!


No comments:

Post a Comment