Tuesday, October 8, 2019

More Knit Socks!

As I mentioned a couple post back, 2 of my friends are having babies which causes my fingers to twitch with excitement.  Although I've knit plenty of socks for myself, because Xena generally despises wearing socks, I've actually never knit a pair for her or any other little ones but now I have a great excuse to go crazy making socks for some new babes-to-be.  


So, in addition to finishing a pair of off white socks in Plymouth Galway Worsted wool for myself, I just knit my first trial pair of baby socks.  I used Lion Brand's free Knit Child's Two Color Socks pattern for their Wool-Ease yarn because I already had some in my stash.


The pattern offers 3 different sizes.  I knit the smallest size and these socks are still pretty roomy on Xena's almost 22 month old feet.


This was my first time exclusively using SW to knit a heel.  Because toddler feet are so small they don't actually require a full-on heel flap and picking up multiple wraps to turn the heel after every SW was a bit cumbersome with such bulky yarn.  


I plan to try this pattern again with smoother yarn and smaller needles.  

No comments:

Post a Comment