Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Lambtown 2019

Here's my recap of Lambtown this year, which thanks to the hard work, promotion and support of the Black Squirrel and the Bay Area fiber arts community, it's on its way to becoming the "Rhinebeck of the West".


Although the weather was in the low 80s, at least there was a breeze this year.  The food trucks were slightly improved.  We had BBQ and I brought my own refreshments.  The marketplace had some fresh stalls and was bustling with excitement.


 Unfortunately my husband couldn't join us this time because he was working at a philatelic auction at the SESCAL stamp show down in Ontario.  Normally Xena and I would've joined him but I didn't want to miss Lambtown and now that Xena's a toddler, travelling is far less exciting for me when I have to be stranded in a hotel room once she goes to bed.


Xena loved watching the sheep dog herding demo which I've missed in previous years.


She also got to pet a few sheep and watch a demo on machine sock knitting.


I met up with a couple girls from the SF Knitters and Crocheters but I also bumped into quite a few familiar Bay Area fiber artists and realized how much I now really feel "at home" within this community and like I'm a part of something awesome.


I swore to myself multiple times on the drive up to Dixon that I wasn't going to go too crazy buying anything since I already have more than enough yarn, projects, WIPs, etc. but alas, I ended up buying 2 kits from Kira K Designs and 2 gorgeous hanks of "Cymry" 4-ply fingering 100% SMW from Houndstooth Fiber Arts.  It was also extremely rewarding to show off the Uneek swing tank top I knit with the the sock yarn I bought from them at Lambtown last year!

I'm really excited for next year and I definitely plan to knit a special garment especially for this event!

No comments:

Post a Comment