Thursday, January 27, 2022

New Year, New Socks!

I actually finished these basic stockinette socks in Bramble & Berry Co.'s Go Van Gogh colorway before the end of 2021 but got so distracted with the holidays that I didn't get around to taking photos until now.  This sock yarn is 435 yd of MCN 80/10/10.  The dyer of this yarn is based in Sunnyvale, CA so I assume I must've bought this locally at a yarn store or at Stitches West but I just can't remember! 

 

I suppose the colorway is meant to be inspired by A Starry Night (which has more yellow than orange) or maybe just Van Gogh's color palette in general.  All I know is that blue and orange are my favorite colors; I could write a thesis about it.

 

I love my fraternal twins!


They are a perfect addition to my wardrobe because they will match so many of my outfits.

 

As usual, I used my favorite Not So Crazy sock pattern and size 0 needles.

This next pair of socks is especially dear to me because I won the yarn through my participation in the #comfortknitwithuskal hosted by La Bien Aimee.  This is her 100% SW Merino Sport sock yarn in the Chihiro & No Face colorway.  One of Xena's and my favorite Studio Ghibli films is "Spirited Away" so I really feel as though this yarn was destined for me.


My legs are so short and my feet are so small that with 355 yd I was able to knit a pair of knee high socks with plenty of yarn to spare.  I used size 0 needles and a sort of hybrid version of Atelier's 2x2 ribbed fingering weight sock pattern and Summer Lee Knit's sporty socks heel and gussett.

 

Irina got me these boots for X-Mas with the specific intention that they should be worn with my hand knit socks.  

 

I'm actually planning a whole outfit for these socks but I haven't finished knitting the sweater yet.

 

This is my first time ever knitting with self stripping yarn.  This yarn also glows under a black light.  I'll grab a photo with our black light at work later on tonight when I teach my knit and crochet workshop.

 








No comments:

Post a Comment