Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Modified Ateliler Crochet Mobius Cowl Pattern #327 with Michael's Hand Painted Mohair

 A few months ago, Atelier started carrying a brand new hand painted mohair yarn from Art Yarns dyed exclusively for Atelier.  As soon soon as I saw this breathtaking slow gradient ombre laceweight yarn, I fell in love.


I used Atelier pattern #327 and an I hook.


It took me nearly 2 months of frantic crocheting to finished the entire cake.


At first I thought I would follow the pattern exactly but by the time I got the end of the cake, I realized that I had crocheted enough fabric to seal the tube in the round and make the cowl long and thick enough to wrap around twice if so desired.


This was a gift for my MIL.  The photos simply do not do this yarn justice.  It needs to be squished IRL.  It is like wearing a cloud around your neck.


Where the dark meets the light is where I SC-ed around to "seal" my "neck ring" (an awesome cowl synonym invented by coworker John's dad).

 

By using a comparatively large hook with extremely fine yarn, you can create a delicate chain mail pattern simply with SC.  If you look closely you will see that the interlocking stitches create a sort of loopy Star of David.

 

Matt took these photos while we were visiting Irina and Ruslan in Vista (where they now live) after X-Mas.

 

It was overcast.  I just woke up and I wasn't wearing any makeup but before shipping the cowl to my MIL, I wanted to capture it in a photo complimenting the Outline Tee and socks I recently knit.

 

I thought these outtakes were pretty hilarious.  Matt has a real knack for capturing me making the lamest faces.




No comments:

Post a Comment