Friday, August 27, 2021

Another New Knit Sweater for Xena

 As promised, I am continuing to share the clothes I knit for Xena's Fall wardrobe.


This is the same pattern as the sweater I knit in the previous post.  I even used the same size needles but it's roomier because I used Three Irish Girls Springvale Merino Worsted weight yarn (in the Creme de la Creme) colorway.  I bought this yarn at Stitches West a few years ago.  


Again I knit twisted ribbing on the hem, collar and sleeves.


My Brooklyn-based knitting buddy, Amber, managed to snag us tickets to the Indie Untangled Marketplace at the Rhinebeck Sheep and Wool Festival in October where Three Irish Girls will have a booth.  I can't wait to check out their new colorways.  I haven't seen their yarn anywhere in the US in ages.


I just love the contrast created by the black flecks in this fabric!


I also wanted to share a few more photos of Xena's sweaters from previous posts in action.

 

We're currently in the midst of a heatwave but since she attends preschool out in the Sunset District it's almost always sweater weather.


There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a perfectly fitting garment that I knit worn and enjoyed out in the field.


I still have 1 more cardigan to share tomorrow and a pair of socks (which I hope to finish very soon) and then I am returning by to some other WIPs longing to be completed and even a little something for myself...and inevitably, X-Mas knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment