Tuesday, August 31, 2021

A Cozy Cardi and Knit Socks for Xena

 I meant to post the final edition of Xena's Fall Wardrobe last week but then I got sidetracked.  

This is the exact same pattern that I used for the other cardigans I knit for Xena.  The only difference is that I used worsted weight yarn and size 5 and 4 needles.  The pockets are larger; I knit 7 rows of 1x1 ribbing and 20 rows of stockinette.

 

The yarn I used is the 100% SWM Gobstopper colorway from Hooker's Corner.  It is bittersweet to write about this yarn company, especially today while fires continue to blaze throughout Northern CA.  The owner lost her home and business during the Paradise Fire a few years ago.  Many knitters including myself helped to raise money for her and her family to rebuild in OR.  This yarn was dyed prior to the fire and it is no longer available.

 

It is simply a reminder never to take anything for granted.


Xena's already almost grown out of the other cardi's that I knit her so I finished this one right on time.

 

It is inevitable that I will be knitting aran and bulky versions of the same cardi as she continues to grow.


 

I couldn't resist knitting Xena a pair of socks in this beautiful Hood Fibers sock mini gifted to me by my crochet buddy, Julia.

 

In other news, as of last night, I am officially half finished with my "Rhinebeck Sweater" which is actually a crochet sleeveless top that I will be sure to write about as soon as it's complete.  I just hope I can finish it in time because the clock is certainly ticking!

No comments:

Post a Comment