Saturday, April 10, 2021

The Softest Socks EVAR

We sell this really extraordinary yarn at work by Tanglewood that is 100% cashmere.  Each hank is hand-dyed, handspun and OOAK.


Everyone uses it for shawls and cowls but I am obsessed with socks, so I digress.  In our latest shipment, we received some one-off colorways that were much brighter than what we normally get.  The colorway I used for these socks is called Port of Seattle and if you can't tell by the photo above of how well this colorway represents the Pacific Coast, then you might be colorblind.

 

I used a size 0 needle with 40" cable for magic loop.  I cast on 56 stitches and worked in 1x1 twisted ribbed for 10 rows.  I worked 8" of stockinette for the leg.  Then I knit a traditional heel flap (decreasing to 16 stitches wide) and picked up 12 stitches on each side for the gusset.  I worked the decreases on the toe until I had 16 stitches remaining.

 

I feel like some constant themes throughout the pandemic have been self-care, slowing down and enjoying the simple things in life.  For me, that means knitting a simple pair of the softest house socks.


While I do plan to wear these to work at least once to prove that I made them, I specifically knit them for indoor use only.  These are the type of socks you put on after a long hot bath, while snuggling under the covers with a good book and a cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment