Monday, April 26, 2021

Scrappy socks, Madeline Tosh Trunk Show Haul and Crochet Classes!

The sun was creating crazy shadows in the apartment this morning so these scrappy sock photos look especially artsy.  I used some of my Kindred Red leftovers from the Comfort Fade Cardi I recently finished.

  

These socks remind me of funfetti cake.  They were 99.9% completed while chillin' at the playground and around the neighborhood with Xena over the past few weeks.

 

I used the classic Atelier sock pattern which I literally have memorized at this point!


On Saturday we hosted a Madeline Tosh trunk show at Atelier.  
 

Prior to entering my workplace I repeated the hopeless mantra, "You do not need anymore yarn," to myself over and over.  Needless to say, it didn't work.  I couldn't resist these OOAK color explosions.


Also, I've been working really hard on Etsy lately so I didn't feel very bad about treating myself, especially when I get everything discounted anyway.  Speaking of work, I am finally realizing a professional dream of mine that I've had for a very long time.  Beginning this June, I will be teaching crochet classes at Atelier on Thursday nights!  This is the schedule below.  Class size is limited to a maximum of 4 already vaccinated students, age 10+.  I'm scheduled to receive my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccination in mid-May.  Matt, Xena and I will be returning to our regularly scheduled travelling around the stamp show circuit this summer so I will have subs for all of the classes that conflict with our travel.


I am all about encouraging anyone and everyone to crochet.  According to my stats, a lot more people are reading my blog lately and if anyone is reading this in the Bay Area and wants one on one classes, feel free to get at me.  Perhaps we can work something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment