Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Summer Vibe Top with matching striped socks and mittens


Knitting my Summer Vibe top was truly a labor of love.  I bought the yarn at Rhinebeck in October 2021.

 

It was my first time ever knitting lace and it took me forever.  I used a lot of lifelines in the beginning but by the time I finished, I had the chart memorized.

 

I had so much yarn left over that not only did I knit myself a pair of matching socks, but I also knit a pair of matching mittens!

 

I STILL have even more yarn left and I am planning to knit Xena a pair of matching gloves.


This was my own stripped sock recipe where I knit 11 rows of each color using 0's.

 

These socks travelled with me from the Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden to the Biergarten at Maymont and every where else around RVA in between.

 

We are currently celebrating Socktober at DWW and although employees can't win a prize, it's been fun to get wrapped up in everyone's sock-madness at the meet ups.


Photographing my striped ensemble at our favorite spa hotel in Rhinebeck marked the beginning of a wild and wonderful weekend.


No thanks to climate change, I've become a real fan of knitting vests and sleeveless or shortsleeved garments.


While I referred to a super basic pattern to knit my mitts, I followed my 11 row striping sequence for each color but knit the mitts on 1's instead of 0's. 


I intentionally made elongated mitten cuffs with a folded hem to keep my wrists extra warm.  I've been pleasantly referring to my mitts as "evening mitts".

 

All of my wool striped gear certainly came in handy over the wet weekend!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment