Thursday, June 17, 2021

Atelier Yarns Stockinette Poncho Pattern #113B

When the opportunity to knit some shop samples came up, in spite of all of the X-Mas projects I haven't even started, I couldn't resist agreeing to knit a few garments.  I intentionally picked 2 simple mobile projects that I could work on while I'm out at the playground with Xena everyday.

 

Amanda rewrote an alternate version of the classic Stockinette poncho pattern in a worsted gauge to be used with Shibui Vine.  


I used size 7 needles and Color # 2180 (white), Dye Lot # 1503.


The unique fiber content of this yarn is 41% paper/31% cotton/28% silk.  The weight is DK.


Before the rectangles are blocked and seamed, they look and feel nasty.


Thanks to the current heatwave, it only took a few hours to wet block my rectangles.


Wet blocking completely transforms the fibers into a soft and airy fabric.


I crab stitched around all of the edges except for the collar because I like the way the gentle, natural roll of the fabric there.


This is a perfect addition to any summer wardrobe.  I think it would look great over a bathing suit too.


I love it so much, now I want to knit one for myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment