Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Not your granny's granny shawl

I love shawls but I detest the fact that the mere mention of the word immediately conjures images of downtrodden, raisin-faced old ladies fighting over bruised fruit at a bodega or shivering invalids clutching tattered old lace, sagging over their bodies like molten cheese cloth, etc.  I wanted to crochet a shawl in a traditional pattern but with non-traditional style in shocking colors and a variety of textures.

I started this project back in May when Xena was a but a wee lass.  The variegated yarn is Hedgehog Fibers Hula Hoop, and the hot magenta/neon pink (technically just Rose) is Madeline Tosh DK and the neon yellow (Edison Bulb) are Madeline Tosh Euro Sock yarn. 


I really love the results and I've received very sincere compliments along the lines of, "Wow!  I've never seen anything quite like that!" and "Great colors!" every single time I've ever worn this out.


The 100% merino wool is so soft that Xena loves snuggling with it too.






No comments:

Post a Comment